We all know how difficult it is to make compatible romance with an intensive training. These difficulties are multiplied by 3 in the case of triathlon, but sometimes it’s also positive to see things from a wider view and think about the bright side of having a triathlete in your family:
- Healthy lifestyle: An expert in nutrition, helathy lifestyle and training will be available for you 24/7. Furthermore, he or she will be more than wiling to share tips, advice and experiences with you (even when you don’t ask)
- Yoy may discover a sport that you have never thought about: once you try it (if you dare) you will be able to say that at least you have tried, and you will have discovered a new sport (or three) that may not only surprise you but also hook you. An expert will guide your steps and will share with you her/his passion, strengthening your relationship.
- You can dress more casually: even if he or she is in great shape, we all know that the last thing a triathlete is worried about is fashion, and will just stick to the main sports clothing brands. However, be prepared to find spandex clothes every now and then hanging at the shower rack, a huge colection of running sneakers all around your house and fluo-colored t-shirts in the washing machine.
- New friends: thanks to the many events you will be attending, your partner will be able to make new friends, with whom they will share their passion, advice and experiences. Furthermore, for sure you will meet other triathlete’s partners that will bring you support, patience and the necessary understanding you may be lacking some times.
- You get to brag: you will be one of the few people who will know how much effort, sacrifice and perserverance your partner has invested in every competition. Having the opportunity to experience such an awaited moment with him or her is something very special, and that will help to create a really strong bond between you. Seeing your partner crossing the finish line is the moment when both of you will be more proud of this achievment, as you will be a very important part in this achievment.
- Travel and discover new places: competitions will give you the chance to visit places you may never have thought before. Furthermore, while your partner is competing you will have time enough to visit the area, to relax and to enjoy stunning landscapes. And who knows? Maybe triathlon will take you to Hawaii some day…
- More time for yourself: during the long training sessions and competitions you will have time enough to enjoy other activities, such as your own hobbies, meet with friends and get some quality time for yourself, which is always apreciated.
- Triathlon competitions are a party!: a party which doors are always open for you as the partner of a triathlete. During a triathlon competition there are many different activities you can enjoy (if you want).
- A great role model for your children: “preaching” about a healthy lifestyle to your children while you are sitting on the couch doesn’t make sense. However, living with a person that breaths triathlon and a healthy lifestyle is a great reference for your children so that they will grow up healthy, happy and with the sport running through their veins. Maybe you will be raising little Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee
- Who knows if you will end up liking triathlon?: That you start practising triathlon can be a great satisfaction for your partner, and maybe you end up being stronger than him/her. You can share your achievments and goals and you will be the best trainer for each other.
However, if you decide that triahtlon is not for you, the emergency bracelets Safesport ID will accompany you and your partner to all your trainings and competitions, facilitating the work of the first responders in case of an accident. Get yours here here!